By Anders Blok,Torben Elgaard Jensen
French sociologist and thinker, Bruno Latour, is among the most vital and inventive thinkers of the final many years. Bruno Latour: Hybrid options in a Hybrid World is the 1st accomplished and available English-language creation to this multi-faceted paintings. The booklet makes a speciality of center Latourian themes:
• contribution to technological know-how reviews (STS – technological know-how, expertise & Society)
• philosophical method of the increase and fall of modernity
• cutting edge concepts on politics, nature, and ecology
• contribution to the department of sociology often called ANT – Actor-Network Theory.
With ANT, Latour has pioneered an method of socio-cultural research outfitted at the concept that social lifestyles arises in advanced networks of actants – humans, issues, rules, norms, applied sciences, and so forth – influencing one another in dynamic methods. This e-book explores how Latour is helping us make feel of the altering interrelations of technological know-how, expertise, society, nature, and politics past modernity.
Read Online or Download Bruno Latour: Hybrid Thoughts in a Hybrid World (Key Sociologists) PDF
Similar sociology books
The best stable is a robust and suggestion scary "field publication" targeting bringing integrity and development to our own relationships. The authors construct the case for the significance of fit relationships in our companies and our groups. optimistically, this e-book will swap your existence!
Mediterranean agriculture is ordinarily envisaged as a panorama of small farms of excessive nature worth generating all over the world recognisable caliber nutrition items that make up the foundation of the recognized Mediterranean nutrition and form Southern eu cultures. even if, the dynamics constructing within the Mediterranean nation-state are extra advanced and various; comprising differentiated agricultural platforms that have been scarcely analysed in an built-in model.
Businesses are more and more championed for his or her means to resolve social difficulties. but what occurs whilst such items as water, schooling, and future health are bought by way of businesses - instead of donated by means of nonprofits - to the deprived and while the pursuit of challenge turns into entangled with the pursuit of revenue?
Whereas marriage has misplaced its reputation in lots of built nations and isn't any longer an compulsory route to kin formation, it has won momentum between binational as states toughen their keep watch over over human migration. targeting the case of Southeast Asian girls who've been epitomized at the worldwide marriage marketplace as ‘ideal’ brides and better halves, this quantity examines those women’s reviews of overseas marriage, migration, and states' governmentality.
- Social Networks: An Introduction
- The Regions of Germany: A Geographical Interpretation: Volume 7 (International Library of Sociology)
- Splintering Urbanism: Networked Infrastructures, Technological Mobilities and the Urban Condition
- Cosmic Society: Towards a Sociology of the Universe
- Cultural Analysis and Bourdieu’s Legacy: Settling Accounts and Developing Alternatives (CRESC)
Extra info for Bruno Latour: Hybrid Thoughts in a Hybrid World (Key Sociologists)
Bruno Latour: Hybrid Thoughts in a Hybrid World (Key Sociologists) by Anders Blok,Torben Elgaard Jensen