By Martha Taylor Sarno
- Chapters comprise as much as 50 percentage new coverage
- Provides replace of up to date learn within the field
- Includes writings by means of the main an expert employees within the field
- Comprehensive, exhaustive reference tool
Read Online or Download Acquired Aphasia PDF
Similar neuropsychology books
The examine of catatonia in Autism Spectrum problems is a unique and arguable subject. Catatonia is a motor illness characterised via stereotypy, stress, mutism, and posturing. those motor symptoms also are attribute of autism. The curiosity within the relation among autism and catatonia stems from medical observations that autistic and catatonic indicators overlap, that a few individuals with autism strengthen full-blown catatonia, and that anti-catatonic remedies convey reduction in a few of these sufferers.
Within the mid-20th century, integrative efforts begun in regards to the mind and its social and humanistic capabilities. those efforts have been led by means of Paul D. MacLean's integrative study and proposal. because the century ended, besides the fact that, such efforts have been misplaced within the surge of latest attempt in mind and genome study.
The speed of neurodevelopmental disabilities, together with autism, psychological retardation, listening to loss and a spotlight deficit hyperactivity disease is emerging within the usa. even supposing estimates of the superiority of those issues range, figures from the CDC point out that four% of all college age little ones are developmentally disabled.
Episodic reminiscence is the identify of the type of reminiscence that files own reports rather than the mere remembering of impersonal evidence and ideas. this sort of reminiscence is very delicate to growing older and sickness so an figuring out of the mechanisms of episodic reminiscence may well result in the advance of remedies fitted to enhance reminiscence in a few sufferer populations.
- Dreams and Dreaming (International Review of Neurobiology)
- Healing the Traumatized Self: Consciousness, Neuroscience, Treatment (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology)
- Bouncing Back: Skills for Adaptation to Injury, Aging, Illness, and Pain
- Social Anxiety Disorder (Medical Psychiatry Series)
- Are We Born Racist?: New Insights from Neuroscience and Positive Psychology
Additional resources for Acquired Aphasia
Acquired Aphasia by Martha Taylor Sarno